Welcome

Welcome to my AS foundation portfolio. Here you will find research and planning, construction evidence and evaluation for my foundation portfolio.

Thursday 5 January 2012

Research into a potential target audience (Primary)

I conducted some audience research in order to:
  • Find out what appeals to my Target Audience
  • To discover any flaws or potential improvements that could be made to my film's genre
  • To identify any gaps in the market and place a refreshing new twist on the genre


For my film i will need to take into consideration both the good points and points for improvement for the 'Lock, Stock & Two Smoking Barrels ' opening sequence. The good points include:
- The fonts match genre well: This means i will need to use the appropriate fonts for my titles in order for them to be effective.
- The narration helps to set the background and gives and good insight: I may not necessarily use a narration in my sequence but instead possibly find some other way in giving the audience a bit of background knowledge. However, i feel that if certain things are left to the imagination it makes the audience intrigued as to what the film is about.
- The characters fit the genre as they are stereotypical for that sort of film: I will need to include actors and characters that fit my film in order for it to be believable and for it to work.

Some of the points for improvement are:
- The tension could have been built up more: this opens up to a range of techniques i intend to use in order to create a suspense sequence such as certain sounds, editing and cinematography.








    No comments:

    Post a Comment